"The Town of Silt is dedicated to providing the highest quality of services to its growing population of over 3,015 citizens. Silt serves as a "Gateway to the Outdoors", offering its citizens the activities that those who live in larger cities desire. The Town of Silt Board of Trustees extends a welcoming hand to all its long term residents, newcomers and visitors. They promise to continue their work of keeping Silt an excellent place to live, a safe environment to raise children, and an area with a high quality of life."
Due to drought conditions, the Town is currently able to draw water off of one of the five ditches with which Town has water rights. Please try to conserve and adhere to your watering days and schedule. Keep in mind that if water is not available to you on your watering day, you need to wait until your next scheduled watering day. Please try to refrain from watering between the hours of 10 a.m. and 5 p.m., to avoid the hottest part of the day. Thank you.
Irrigation Days and Times Strictly Enforced!
Irrigation repairs (no water)
Stage 2 Fire Ban in Effect!
The State of Colorado is in a Stage 2 Fire Ban, meaning the following acts are prohibited:
1. Building, maintaining, attending, or using a fire or campfire;
2. Smoking, except within an enclosed vehicle or building;
3. Possessing, discharging, or using any kind of firework or other pyrotechnic device;
4. Using an explosive
5. Operating a chainsaw or other equipment powered by an internal combustion engine between 1 p.m. and 1 a.m.
6. Operating or using any internal or external combustion engine without a spart arresting device properly installed, maintained and in effective working order.